Miriam Alice MEAR 1183
- Born: 17 Sep 1850, Neponset, Bureau County, Illinois, USA 131
- Marriage: Robert Henry HOOD Senior on 5 Jan 1870 in Beula County, Illinois 131
- Died: 4 Jan 1931, Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa 51601 at age 80 131
- Buried: Jan 1931, Rose Hill Cemetery: Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa, USA 128
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1850, Neponset, Bureau County, Illinois, USA. 131
• Residence, 1872, Creston, Union County, Iowa 50801. 131
• Residence, 1876, Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa 51601. 131 first on a farm. She later moved to Church Street.
• Residence, 1880, Fisher Township, Fremont County, Iowa, USA. 1128 where she was a home maker.
• Honors. by having the following published in an unknown book. This item was written by Edna Lois Whitehill Smith.
Robert Henry Hood was my grandfather on my mother's side of the family. He was born in England October 26, 1845. When he was 18 months old his parents moved to Canada. When he was 20 years old he left home and went to Beula County in Illinois. On January 5, 1870, he was united in married to Miriam Alice Mear. They moved to Creston, Iowa, in 1872 and four years later they moved to a farm south of Shenandoah, Iowa, when the country was but a wild prairie. There were two brothers and two sisters in Canada and on brother in Nebraska. The old Hood homestead was one mile north , one mile east, and one-half mile north of the Summit Church.
Miriam Alice Mear was born September, 1850 to John and Frances Mear at Neponset, Illinois. She died January 4, 1931 at her home on Church Street in Shenandoah, Iowa, and is buried in Rose Hill cemetary [sic] in Shenandoah.
• Residence, 1920, Grant Township (Shenandoah), Page County, Iowa, USA. 1185 at 401 Church Street.
• Cemetery, Jan 1931, Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa 51601. 128 at the Rose Hill Cemetery.
Miriam married Robert Henry HOOD Senior, son of Living and Living, on 5 Jan 1870 in Beula County, Illinois.131 (Robert Henry HOOD Senior was born on 26 Oct 1845 in England,131 died on 14 Oct 1914 128,131 and was buried in Oct 1914 in Rose Hill Cemetery: Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa, USA 1184.)