|James Cameron McKEE
James Cameron McKEE 1734
The 1910 census lists his birthplace as Pennsylvania.
www.ancestry.com: Page County, IA Message Board: Am looking for any information on Effie McKee, maiden name Williams, who is is listed as the birth mother for my grandmother, Leona May McKee, born on April 13, 1987 in Blanchard. The father is listed as James Cameron McKee. Leona was brought to the Christian Home Orphanage in Council Bluffs at the age of 2 and adopted two months later by Mr. and Mrs. James E. Morton of Omaha, after which she was known as Bessie Leona Morton. The family moved to northwesern Wisconsin shortly afterwards. Bessie passed away many years ago but I just now found the affidavit with details of her birth and adoption. I'd be interested in knowing more about her birth parents and their ancestery/descendants. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto://email@example.com> if you have any information.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1880, Lincoln Township, Atchison County, Missouri, USA. 1734
• Residence, 1900, Colfax Township, Page County, Iowa, USA. 1756 living in the household of his sister and brother-in-law, Ida and George Tippin. The census indicates he was divorced.
• Occupation, 1900, Colfax Township, Page County, Iowa, USA. 1756 where he was a grain buyer.
• Newspaper Article, 19 Jan 1900, Elmo, Nodaway County, Missouri 64445. 685 The following are exerpts from the Elmo Register newspaper and are transcribed as printed in the paper:
• Residence, 1906, Blanchard, Page County, Iowa 51630. 1757
• Residence, 1910, Colfax Township, Page County, Iowa, USA. 1758 living in the home of Joseph D. McKee. The census indicates he was divorced.
• Occupation, 1910, Colfax Township, Page County, Iowa, USA. 1758 where he was a grain dealer.
• Residence, 1930, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska, USA. 1759 living in the household of his daughter and son-in-law, Buford and Stella Thompson. The census indicates he was widowed.
• Cemetery, Feb 1932, Superior, Nuckolls County, Nebraska, USA. 1732 in Evergreen Cemetery, Section 7, Lot 18.