|Doctor Robert Antoine HILLYER
Obituary available via email request. Robert was cremated.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1920, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1958 at 1940 Cherry Street, living with his parents.
• Residence, 1930, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1494 living with his parents at 2142 Lake Street.
• Graduation, 1940, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 20 from the University of Nebraska, BA, MD.
• Newspaper Article, 9 Nov 1945, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1493 On Thursday Mrs. Robert Hillyer received a phone call from Hamilton Field, Calif., from Major Hillyer upon his arrival in the States. The army medical officer flew from Japan and will report to Fort Logan, Colo., for his discharge this weekend. Major Hillyer has been in the service for four years and has been stationed in the Pacific area for 18 months. Mrs. Hillyer plans to leave for Denver Tuesday to spend several days with her husband before they return to Lincoln to be greeted by their sons Donnie and Robbie.
• School: New York City, New York County, New York. 20 Surgical training in New York City Department of Hospitals and the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
• Organizations. 20 Diplomat, American Board of Surgery, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Clinical Instructor of Surgery, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, past president of the American Cancer Society, the American Association of Railway Surgeons, and the Burlington Northern Medical Society.
• Military Service. 20 Served in the U.S. Army in the Pacific Theater during World War II and subsequently served as a member of the U.S. Army Reserve. Commanded the 162nd Medical Battalion and called to active duty during the Berlin Crisis in 1961. Retired Colonel, MC. U.S. Army.
• Residence, Jan 1975, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1497
Robert married Margaret Jane BLAUFUSS, daughter of Alfred George BLAUFUSS and Margaret Alice KELLOGG. (Margaret Jane BLAUFUSS was born on 29 Sep 1916 in Nebraska 1480,1492 and died on 7 Apr 1998 in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA 1492.)
Robert next married Living