Doctor Donald F. PURVIS 1497,1959
- Born: 12 Dec 1915, Nebraska 1495,1498
- Marriage: Alyce BLAUFUSS on 14 Jun 1941 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA 3
- Died: 28 Mar 2013 at age 97 20
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1920, Fullerton, Nance County, Nebraska, USA. 1960 living with his parents.
• Residence, 1930, Fullerton, Nance County, Nebraska, USA. 1961 living with his parents.
• Graduation, Jun 1933, Fullerton, Nance County, Nebraska, USA. 1962,1963 from Fullerton High School.
• Residence, Apr 1973, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1496
• Residence, Jan 1975, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1497
• Residence, 2004, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1964 at 3500 Faulkner Dr Apt D210
• Residence, 2006, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1495 at 1200 Faulkner Drive, a retirement community.
• Obituary, 1 Apr 2014, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1965 Dr. Donald F. Purvis, 97, of Lincoln, died March 28, 2013. He was born Dec. 12, 1915 in Fullerton, and attended high school there before going to Doane College and Northwestern University. Following college he attended the University of Nebraska Medical School in Omaha. While there he met Alyce L. Blaufuss who became his wife of 68 years. During WWII he was stationed outside London at a military hospital. Upon returning he did his internship and residency at Wayne State in Detroit. He and his family moved back to Lincoln in 1948 where he began his internal medicine practice which he enjoyed for forty years.
Memberships include Master Mason, Cedar River Lodge #89; Scottish Rite, Sesostris Temple. Attending staff at Lincoln Gerneral Hospital and Bryan Memorial Hospital. Past clinical instructor, UN College of Medicine. Past president, Nebraska Heart Association. Medical director and house doctor for 30 years at Tabitha Home. Don was a wonderful doctor, husband, father, grandfather, and friend and will be missed by all of us.
He is preceded in death by his wife. Survived by daughter, CLeigh (Warren) Gerber of St. Paul, Minn. and their sons, Mike and Geoff; son, Rick Purvis, Fairfax, Va. and his daughters, Victoria and Vanessa; daughter, Lynn (Ross) McCown of Lincoln and their daughter, CLeigh Hellburch and son, Chris; nine great grandchildren and numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Memorial service: 2:30 pm Tuesday (4/2) Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2110 Sheridan Blvd. with Rev. Dr. Andrew McDonald officiating. Private family committal of cremains. Memorials to UNL Foundation, UNL College of Medicine, BryanLGH West or Westminster Presbyterian Church. No visitation. Condolences online at roperandsons.com.
Donald married Alyce BLAUFUSS, daughter of Alfred George BLAUFUSS and Margaret Alice KELLOGG, on 14 Jun 1941 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA.3 (Alyce BLAUFUSS was born on 24 May 1919 in Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, USA 20,1480,1495 and died on 30 Apr 2008 in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA 20,115.). The cause of her death was Alzheimer's disease and other health issues.
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Notice, 15 Apr 1941, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, USA. 1493 Blaufuss-Purvis
Mr. and Mrs. A. G. Blaufuss of Omaha announce the engagement of their daughter, Alyce, to Donald F. Purvis, son of Mrs. B. F. Purvis of Fullerton. The wedding will be an event of June 14. Miss Blaufuss has attended the University of Nebraska and is a member of Kappa Kappa Gamma. Mr. Purvis will be graduated in June from the University of Nebraska medical college. He will intern at the Detroit Recieving Hospital. Miss Blaufuss announced her betrothal at a luncheon. Lincoln guests at the party included Misses Betty Hillyer, Betty Meyer, Ann Hustead, Cecile Mitchell, Lulubel Emerson, Marion Bowers and Marian Stenten.