John Scott HOOD 20
- Born: 29 Apr 1885, Shenandoah, Page County, Iowa 51601 20
- Marriage: Esta Ella BURCH on 16 Jun 1909 in Crawford, Nebraska 2364,2369
- Died: 3 Nov 1911, Brush, Morgan County, Colorado, USA at age 26 20
- Buried: 4 Nov 1911, Brush Cemetery; Brush, Morgan County, Colorado, USA 20
Cause of his death was Typhoid fever.20
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1888, Box Butte County, Nebraska. 20 having moved here with his parents.
• Residence, 1910, Brush, Morgan County, Colorado, USA. 20
• Residence, Apr 1910, Andrews Precinct, Sioux County, Nebraska, USA. 2369
• Occupation, 1910, Andrews Precinct, Sioux County, Nebraska, USA. 2369 where he was a farmer.
• Obituary, Nov 1911, Alliance, Box Butte County, Nebraska, USA. 1182 AT REST
John Scott Hood was born at Shenandoah, Page county, Iowa, April 29, 1885, and died at the Ebenezer Sanitarium at Brush, Colo., November 3, 1911, aged 26 years, 6 months and 4 days. In 1888 he with this father moved to Box Butte county, Nebr. In this county he spent his life until December, 1910, when he moved to Brush, Colo. On June 16th, 19??, he was united in marriage at Crawford, Neb., to Esta Ella Burch, to which union was born one child, Edwin Scott Hood. On October 8th Mr. Hood was taken to the Ebenezer Sanitarium at Brush, Colo., for treatment for typhoid fever, where he suffered for twenty-five days before the end came. Besides a wife and child to mourn his death, he has a father, W. A. Hood, of Canton, Nebr.; two brothers, Louis E. and Levi C., also of the same place, and one, Grover T., of Neponset, Ill. All were at his bed side at the time of his death. Funeral services were held at the Presbyterian church at 2 p.m., Saturday, November 4th, and the remains were laid to rest in the Brush cemetery.
John married Esta Ella BURCH, daughter of John N. BURCH and Grizzelda BURCH (NEE UNKNOWN), on 16 Jun 1909 in Crawford, Nebraska 2364.,2369 (Esta Ella BURCH was born in Sep 1878 in Iowa 2370.)