John HOHNSTEIN 2430
- Born: 16 Jan 1873, Russia 2430
- Marriage: Katie TELLMAN in 1894 in Russia 2430
Noted events in his life were:
• Honors. 2430 by having his biography published in "The History of Western Nebraska":
JOHN HOHNSTEIN, who is one of the highly respected residents and substantial farmers of Scottsbluff county, has been a resident of the United States since 1904 and of Scottsbluff county since 1910. He was born in Russia, January 16, 1873. His parents were Henry and Lizzie (Schreere) Hohnstein, natives of Russia and good people. The father was a farmer all his life and died in his native land when seventy-two years old, and the mother at the age of sixty-five years.
John Hohnstein grew up on his father's farm in Russia and had some school training. From early manhood he had determined at some time to come to the United States, but the chance did not present itself until he was thirty-one years old. He landed in this great country in 1904 and found plenty of work and comfortable living on a Kansas farm, where he remained until 1910, when he came to Scottsbluff county. He went to work again as a farmer and four years later had a farm of his own, buying eighty acres of land situated on section 20 town 22-53. This land is now irrigated and richly productive. He now owns one hundred and eighty acres. Mr. Hohnstein has put many substantial improvements on his place and has comfort, plenty, and is well content.
In Russia, in 1894, Mr. Hohnstein was married to Miss Katie Tellman, who was born in Russia March 15, 1875. Her aprents (sic) were John and Katie (Loos) Tellman, natives of Russia. Both parents died on their farm. The following children have been born to Mr. Mrs. Hohnstein: Katie, who is the wife of Gotlieb Grassmick, who is a farmer in Scottsbluff county; Henry, who assists his father on the home place; Maggie, who is the wife of George Snell, who is a farmer in Scottsbluff county; Anna, who assists her mother at home; John, who works for a neighboring farmer; and George, Christina and Asrey. Mr. Hohnstein is giving his children every advantage in his power, and all are doing well. The family belongs to the Russian church and Mr. Hohnstein helped to build the first church of that faith in the county.
• Residence, 1904, Kansas. 2430
• Residence, 1910, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska. 2430
• Occupation, 1910, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska. 2430 as a farmer.
• Residence, 1920, Tabor, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, USA. 2431
• Occupation, 1920, Tabor, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, USA. 2431 as a farmer.
• Residence, 1930, Fanning, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, USA. 387
• Occupation, 1930, Fanning, Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, USA. 387 as a farm laborer.
John married Katie TELLMAN, daughter of John TELLMAN and Katie LOOS, in 1894 in Russia.2430 (Katie TELLMAN was born on 15 Mar 1875 in Russia 2430.)