Victor STREITWIESER 2769
- Born: 21 Jul 1928, Montana 115,2550
- Died: 14 Dec 2007 at age 79 115
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1930, Torrance, Los Angeles County, California, USA. 2550 at 938 Arlington, living with his mother.
• Residence, Feb 1995, Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, USA. 2769
• Residence, May 2007, Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, USA. 2770
• Newspaper Article, 22 Aug 2006, Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, USA. 2771 After a 10-year stint in Elko, Ruby Haugstad and Vic Streitwieser are back in Fallon doing what they did before moving to northeastern Nevada - selling vacuums and sewing machines.
In its third week of operation, Fallon Sew-Vac offers customers a large variety of vacuums, sewing machines and accessories along with servicing.
"It's picking up all the time. It's slow getting started," Streitwieser said about opening the business. "Once school starts, it should improve drastically."
Fallon Sew-Vac sells vacuums ranging from Panasonic to Mainline and sewing machines from Juki to Seammaster. All machines come with a warranty and parts are also available such as belts, bags and filters. All forms of payment are accepted and in-house financing is available.
"The sewing machines vary," Streitwieser said. "Panasonics are big sellers."
Haugstad and Streitwieser originally owned a vacuum/sewing business on Center Street for five years before moving to Elko.
Now, the selling duo is serving customers at their new location at the north end of town at 141 Keddie St.
This kind of business is familiar to Streitwieser, who's been all over the Southwest selling vacuums and sewing machines.
"I've been in business for 50 years. I started out in Albuquerque (New Mexico), Tempe (Arizona), Las Vegas and Reno," he said. "We were over on Center Street 10 years ago. Then we went to Elko for 10 years and sold out there."
Streitwieser said they wanted to move back to Fallon because they liked the area better than Elko.
"I like the climate. I'm a gardener and can't grow much in Elko," Streitwieser added. "It was too much for me to handle and we had good offers (in Fallon) and sold out. We had a 4,000-square-foot store there. I like Fallon a lot better than Elko."
Asked about why he enjoys selling these products, Streitwieser said it gives him something to do besides gardening.
"I've got to be doing something and I can't sit around in a rocking chair," Streitwieser said.
Fallon Sew-Vac is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. The business can be reached by calling 423-4873.
• Residence, 2007, Fallon, Churchill County, Nevada, USA. 115